Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Distant Beauty

"Discovering this idyllic place, we find ourselves filled with a yearning to linger here, where time stands still and beauty overwhelms." - Anonymous

 

Spending sixty-six straight days at Eagle Lake over the summer allowed me to know, understand and most importantly, appreciate, all that nature has to offer.  I have about twenty-five sunset pictures and not one picture is the same, making my heart skip a beat in amazement.  Being able to sit alone, staring out into the sky and my surroundings, I never realized how much I really didn't care about the petty and materialistic things in my life.  

Every day that I woke up to the sun shining across the water and sitting on the shore at sunset with the sun beaming on my face, I wished long and hard that I could have this purity and grace every minute, every instance of my life.

I always thought that nature never had any worries or any difficulties like I did in my life, but I've come to realize that nature is able to hide it very well.  When it's angry; it's beautiful. When it's sad; it's beautiful.  When it's happy; it's beautiful.  Nature is all around beautiful as long as you are able to see it and appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment